Last year a local Tampa Bay Team won their Class with sailing a Beneteau Oceanis 37. This year win a chance to race the new Beneteau First 35 in Charleston Race Week.
Best Around the Buoys is a grass-roots racing initiative to reward sailors for their team’s performance at the local racing level and encourage racers to set a goal of racing on the national level. Next: Sperry Top-Sider Charleston Race Week, April 18-21, 2013.
Best Around the Buoys at Sperry Top-Sider Charleston Race Week,
April 18-21, 2013:
- Winning team earns free entry to Sperry Top-Sider Charleston Race Week, housing, and dockage (airfare not included)
- • Use of Beneteau First 35 well-equipped by industry partners
- • New suit of North racing sails
- • Go-fast bottom paint job supplied by Pettit
- • Hardware provided by B&G
- • Rulebooks from US Sailing
To enter, you must submit your 2012-2013 Race Resume (including any PHRF boat and minimum of three (3) PHRF events) and 200 max-word essay describing why you and your team are ready to compete at Sperry Top-Sider Charleston Race Week (indicate you have a team of minimum six (6) crew ready to go). Contest closes February 22nd, 2013.